Saturday, June 27, 2015

Change...it's good.

Well, it only took me half the day but the new blog header is up!

I like it.  It's clean, simple, uncluttered...sort of where I'm at in life.   Trimming off the 'fat' of life.

This year has been a year of change...without a doubt.  Everything is in flux.

With all the changes, I've come to realize that not only does the blog need a makeover but so does my life.  I've enjoyed a couple of classes I signed up for this year.

I loved the Thrive online class by Arianna Huffington.  Though I didn't participate in the online discussions, I did manage to get through each class.  It's about making the changes you know you need to make in your life in order to change and get out from under the ongoing stress.  I loved her ideas on meditation, unplugging from technology, wisdom, wonder and giving; all in hopes of thriving in life, not just surviving.

Everyday, I have made attempts to spend a few minutes just being quiet and still.  It's been like a big sigh.

More recently, I signed up for a blogging/writing class.  There has been a great deal of valuable information and challenges.  Sadly, I started the class with a million thoughts running through my head and then just like that, they were gone.

All this change has brought me to a crossroads.  A place where I'm learning what I want, what I don't want...Okay, I still have no idea what I want but I have lots of ideas on what I don't want!  That's something! I'm realizing who I want in my life and who I don't. I'm taking chances, doing things I would not normally do.  Learning to say no but more importantly, learning that 'NO' is a complete sentence.  How liberating!

So, though I don't entirely know what is coming next, I do know that I can count on things changing about every other day.  I still don't love it but...so it goes.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment