Thursday, June 11, 2015

Another Strange Day

It's been a terribly long time since I had such strange and funny days!  Today was another one.

I had a furniture rep call me to see if he could stop by and bring some promotional stuff over.

He knocked on the door and when I opened it, there was a dog by his side.  I invited him in and the dog walked politely beside him.

I had my dog Bentley, locked in my room so he wouldn't jump up on the guy but Bentley was not happy that there was company and he was not out there sniffing up his welcome.

This other dog was running through the house, eating my dog's food, getting dog toys out of the basket, jumping all over and laying in the dog bed.  He was just making himself all at home.  The furniture rep just kept rambling on and I'm thinking..."This guy has a lot of nerve bringing his stupid dog to my house and letting him get into everything!"

Meanwhile, Bentley is going crazy trying to get out of my room.  I politely interrupted the rep and said, "Do you mind if I just get the dog out the room so he will stop barking?  Maybe these two can just play?"

"Ya sure.  I don't mind."  He said.

I brought my dog out and he jumped out of my arms and started chasing the other dog.  It was crazy!!  They guy was yelling over the barking and commotion..."What kind of dog is that?"

"A Shih tzu. What kind do you have?"

"A Yorkie."  He said.  I was so confused because this was clearly not a Yorkie in my house.

"Are you sure he's a Yorkie?  He doesn't look anything like a Yorkie." I said,

"Ya, for sure he's a Yorkie." He replied.

Just then, my dog lit in to the other dog and was trying to bite him so I swooped him up and started apologizing profusely!

The rep goes, "You don't owe me an apology."
"Yes, I don't know why he's acting like this!"
"That's not my dog!!  I thought it was your dog!  That's not your dog?"
"WHAT??  That's not YOUR dog?"  I asked
"No.  Why would I bring my dog with me."

Oh my gosh...I have never laughed so hard.  I had tears streaming down my face.  I have no clue where this other dog came from but I quickly let him out the door!

Later this afternoon, I had to go clean a house for my elderly friends.  I've mentioned them before...I took them donuts last week.  Today, the wife was sleeping when I got there and he was just sitting in his chair.  Two little girls came wandering into the house and I had never seen them before so I asked them who they were.

"We just came to play with the dogs." One little girl responded.
"Oh, Okay.  Let me tell Reed you're here."  I turned to leave and the two little girls started whispering to each other.  When I came back, one girl said,  "Are you a servant?"

Sometimes, I just can't resist messing with people so I said, "Yes."
"So you clean and serve them?"
"Yes, I do."
"Wow!!  Well, we really need some water can you get that for us?"
"Sure."
I got them both a tall glass of ice water.  Reed puttered out with his walker to see what they were doing.  He didn't seem too excited to have these girls here and he was going to tell them to go home.  Just then, one of the girls said, "Oh, I see you left your man cave!"

Keep in mind, these girls are probably 7 years old, if that.  They had a lot of sass for 7 year olds but at that, Reed about fell over laughing!  I helped him back to his room and went back to pack up my cleaning stuff.  The girls said, "My parents can't afford a servant.  We would like a cookie please.  She wants chocolate chip and I will have an iced graham cracker."

Me?

I'm looking at these two in my best servant look.  "Okay.  I'm not sure we have iced graham crackers left."  Lucky for me...I happened to know they did have these cookies!  Ha ha...so I took great care in laying out their snacks on a plate, filling their water glasses and rounding up some coloring books and crayons to keep them from bugging the sleeping adults. At first it was funny.  They must of thought they had been transported to Daddy Warbuck's house but they quickly became annoying and entitled.

Funny day...all sorts of craziness.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment