Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Time Marches On

Well, in our usual fashion, the trials of life are about the most predictable events.

I have been nursing my ailing kidneys all weekend.  I finally planted myself on the couch Saturday and didn't move.  Well, except to make a trip to the bathroom every 15 minutes.   I believe I have had more water in the last week than I have had in my entire life.  I am one well hydrated girl and up about 10 pounds!

Saturday night, my doctor and his wife even showed up at 9:30pm to bring me a Jamba Juice.  I had been throwing up earlier that evening and was feeling queasy and weak but I kept it down.  Sunday was more of the same.

Long story short...I passed not one, but two kidney stones this morning!  Early.  I'm so glad that experience is behind me.  Now I can work on the other two problems that are making me unwell.

I prayed fervently last night to pass this stone today.  Sam is getting sick again with a lung infection.  He woke up yesterday morning without any vision.  By last night, he was feeling miserable.  Tomorrow Shelbie goes in the hospital for her transfusion so basically, I need to bring my 'A' game this week...not my suffering, kidney stone game.

On Sunday, quite unexpectedly, I got the call that my Aunt had passed away.  It was a surprise for sure but she apparently went quickly of heart failure.  It's been a week of losses.  With each one, it reminds you that life is fleeting and fragile.

Tomorrow, I undergo more testing to fine tune my diagnosis.  The whole red blood loss mystery is still looming out there and I'm not sure where that testing will lead. I know my doctor is pretty concerned.  Me?  Well, for now, I'm focusing on the needful thing...kids and getting caught up on work and continuing this journey with God.  Anxious to see where he will lead us to next, what blessings await and how all of this will translate into goodness...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment