Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Heaven gets an Angel

My dear sweet friend Alisa passed away this morning.  After 8 long years of battling Melanoma, she is finally at peace having completed her tasks in this life with flying colors.

She came into my life so unexpectedly and changed how I looked at my trials.  She inspired.  She is beautiful in every way!  I will miss joining her in her journey, feeling of her love for her husband and three boys and everyone she came in contact with. Here is a link to her blog if you want to read about her journey. http://joshalisa.blogspot.com/2015/05/alisa-linton.html 

I want so badly to attend her funeral but I'm not sure I will be able to.

Today was a hectic day.  I spent all day at the doctor's.  One in the morning and then one all afternoon.  I ended up having to have a couple liters of IV fluids, got worse with the second one then had to go to the hospital because of it for scans on my kidneys.  I don't have a clue what is happening but so it goes.   Results tomorrow...maybe later tonight.

They also discovered today that I have Adrenal Fatigue.  Never heard of that but apparently, it happens to people who live in a constant state of stress and chaos.  I take offence to that.  I honestly thought I was handling my life just fine.  Really.  I'm not being sarcastic.  All things considered, I thought I was doing okay.  Labs say otherwise.  So, I will be on some form of steroids for up to three months.

I decided to go with the Anti Malaria drug for the Lupus.  I start tonight.  Wish me luck.  When I picked it up at the pharmacy tonight, the Pharmacist was explaining the side effects...they are basically the very same side effects that Lupus causes!  Makes so much sense to be on a drug that mimics the very disease that is killing you!  (Said no one ever!)  But, I feel resolved that this is what I need to do to at least get things calmed down.  After I get on top of the pain and such, I will hit the Natural stuff and diet hard.  Until then, one step at a time.

Depending on what tomorrow brings, I may go back in for more anti inflammatory shots in the morning.

For my own situation, I am doing okay.  I feel like I am being blessed...in an odd sort of way.  I am being blessed by knowing when I need to stop and rest.  When I got home from the hospital, I slept for an hour before going to work.  Normally, I would have pushed myself so...this is progress.

In my prayers, I've been asking Heavenly Father what I am to do about my jobs and what kind of work I can do, will be able to do consistently.   Today, I got three new drafting jobs.  One could actually be a more permanent situation working for an Architect in Bozeman.  They said if it works out, they will make it worth my while so that I can upgrade my CAD program.  That's going to cost me upwards of $2000.  I also got a call on a new custom home design job and a twin home design job.

I don't know how I will be able to take this all on but I have Faith that God will make it happen.

Tonight, my biggest weight is for Alisa and her most loving husband Josh and their three young sons.  Alisa was only 36!   I can't imagine having to leave my kids no matter how old they are. She is a brave girl.  I know the world, especially her family is feeling a void that probably feels like nothing big enough could ever fill that emptiness now that she's gone.

I want to wrap up this post with my new favorite poem and dedicate it to Alisa and her whole extended family.

"Gone from my sight" by Henry Van Dyke

I am standing by the seashore.
A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze
and starts for the blue ocean.
She is an object of beauty and strength,
and I stand and watch
until at last she hangs like a speck of white cloud
just where the sun and sky come down to mingle with each other.
Then someone at my side says, ‘There she goes!
Gone where? Gone from my sight – that is all.
She is just as large in mast and hull and spar
as she was when she left my side
and just as able to bear her load of living freight
to the places of destination.
Her diminished size is in me, not in her.
And just at the moment when someone at my side says,
‘There she goes! ‘ ,
there are other eyes watching her coming,
and other voices ready to take up the glad shout :
‘Here she comes!’


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you posted that poem here. I was actually given a copy of that poem when my mom passed away last August and I fell in love with it. I was going to give a copy of it to Josh tomorrow at the funeral. By the way, I'm so sorry to hear about all that you are going through. I am just as inspired reading your blog as I was reading Alisa's. You are incredible. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alisa's sister posted her beautiful tribute she gave at Alisa's funeral yesterday. I thought you would enjoy reading it:
    http://www.stevenbattlescancer.blogspot.com/2015/05/alisa-such-life-to-describe-in-so-few.html

    ReplyDelete