Sunday, May 17, 2015

Happy Birthday Sam

Thursday, was Sam's 17th Birthday!  I can't believe 17 years have blown past already!   I can't believe Sam has gone from my hardest kid to my easiest and most amazing teenager!

He is considerate and thoughtful.  Kind, compassionate, funny, helpful, resourceful, attentive, obedient...those are just a few more words I would use to describe Sam at 17.    He has a tender heart and it has been incredible to see how much he has grown since Spencer left two years ago.  When Spencer left, he instructed Sam on his new job as Man of the House.  I can honestly say Sam has delivered on that account.

So, Thursday, we had a small little family party.  Every year, Marvel releases a new Avengers movie.  It has become Sam's birthday tradition to see the Avengers.   This year, was great because we have so many relatives here, it was fun to make a family party.  Technically, they aren't my relatives anymore, they are my Wasband's nephews and niece but they still call me Aunt and I still like to take care of them with food and treats and rides to the store.

My Wasband and I took the kids out for an early dinner on Thursday then met up with the cousins afterwards for the movie.  After the movie, we went back to my Wasband's house for cake and ice cream.  Sam also had a surprise visitor from a lady friend who brought him his favorite- blueberry muffins!  She's a cutie but they are just friends!

Sam doesn't ask for much, in fact the only thing he's been talking about for a year was to have a surprise party.  We actually pulled that off with the help of a couple of Sam's friends.  Friday, we had pizza, pop and more cake and treats.  The kids swam, watched a movie and hung out.  

Here are the pics from this years celebration
Cake and Ice cream at Dad's

Cousins Conner, Justin and Kristen

Kristen and her soon to be husband Aaron

The Birthday Boy

Dad and Sam

Friends 

Shelbie and her friend Kristy.  

Swimming

Sam is way into the 80's so I got him a record player and some vinyl!  He was so surprised.  It's going to be fun collecting more vinyl.

This time next year, Sam will be sending in his papers to become a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!  I can hardly believe it!
Photobucket

1 comment: