Thursday, March 19, 2015

A Little Too Much

Today, I'm dedicating this post to Shelbie. My sweet angel daughter!

This week, she is fighting both a bacterial pneumonia and a viral infection at the same time.  Because of the the other heart testing, she needs within one week, we have had to move forward with some really hard tests.

Today, she had her heart stress test, echocardiogram and an EKG.  She had run at a 14% incline at 3.5 mph!  She has a hard time catching her breath at best but it was even harder today.  I felt so sad as I watched her take on that challenge without complaining and I know she did her best.


When the tech and I waited out in the hall for her to change, the tech said, "She's awfully young to have these heart problems.  She was out of breath 5 seconds into it.  Does she have asthma?  Something is not right with her."

I just nodded in agreement because I knew if I opened my mouth, out with the words would tumble my tears.

When we left, we went to grab some lunch because she had to do this test fasting.  At lunch, she said, "Mom, I really don't want to cry because I am a big girl, but I am really tired and I'm  really scared.  I just want to feel better.  I want to be okay.  I'm afraid to close my eyes in case I never wake up."

I don't have any words but I have lots of hugs and I can share in her sorrow and her worry.  I love her so much!  I am so proud of her.

Sometimes...it just gets a little too much!


 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment