Thursday, February 12, 2015

This is crazy...

Okay, I know you are going to think I am making this up but...Nope.  Even I am not that creative.

Today, Sam had his renal testing done.  No results yet.

While we were at the hospital, I met with some people to discuss the fungus that Shelbie supposedly has.  Just wondered if they could shed anymore light on the situation.  I just can't believe it.  It doesn't add up.  Something else has to be going on.

Shelbie has had a red eye for a few days but today, it is clearly conjunctivitis so when I finally made it home from the hospital around 4, I grabbed Shelbie and we headed in another direction to see our family doc to get her eye infection taken care of.

While we were there, I explained the fungus situation and he is going to get all the films and reports in first thing in the morning and see what they think.  In the meantime, he wanted to do a chest x-ray to see if anything showed up.

Wouldn't you know it...none of the calcification or fungus nodules showed up on the x-ray but there was a "fullness" on one side of her lung that he wasn't sure what it meant.  He will compare the CT Scan he gets tomorrow with the X-ray and compare them.  Obviously, the CT is going to be more accurate.  He said the x-ray looks like someone in heart failure, maybe cancer.  We will just have to wait and sort it out!

I just can't believe what is happening.  It's so surreal.  I feel like I am asleep and stuck in a very bad dream.

Today, I've actually been doing pretty good.  Shelbie interpreted that to mean I didn't really care about her problems.  We had a good talk.  I keep reminding the kids that someone has to be strong and since I am not currently sick or dealing with anything near to what they are...I will be the strong one for them.

After tomorrow, I hope we will be one step closer to a plan.  I know when a plan is in place, things will feel much better.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment