Tuesday, January 20, 2015

29 Gifts, Day 6-9

Almost two weeks into the 29 gifts project and so far, I've been enjoying it.  

Day 6, Shelbie has been making thick layering blankets to add to her newborn props.  She was short a few balls of yarn and had no money to get more.  I surprised her with the rest of the yarn she needed to finish the project. 

 Day 7- Baked up some yummy chocolate banana bread for a needy friend.

 Day 8- I did something I rarely do...donate money to a cause.  I have done it before but not often.  I never even donated money to SDS however, I did donate some time and skill to several SDS fundraisers in Seattle.  The Dyskeratosis Congenita Outreach organization is trying to publish a book of clinical guidelines for providers.  This would be the first ever and would help doctors know how to treat people with Dyskeratosis Congenita.   Since it is such a rare disease, it is really hard to find doctors who are willing to take on your care.   It felt good to help even if it was a very small donation compared to what they needed.


Day 9- This was a fun project.  I made a birthday cake for a big time duck hunter.  I didn't think I could do it, after all, it meant sculpting dogs and ducks but I think it turned out pretty good.  I was happy with it but it was even better seeing the surprise on their faces when they saw it.

I'm excited about some of the upcoming gifts I have planned so stay tuned.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment