Saturday, November 15, 2014

I couldn't help myself

My parenting fiasco earlier in the week ended too soon!  I actually wanted to talk to Sam about the great desire and temptation to spin cookies in empty parking lots with the first snowfall.  I didn't dare just come out and start another lecture, I had to be creative and thoughtful about it!

Thursday night, it was snowing.  As we drove home from the gym, I casually started the conversation just to get a feel for where he was at.

"Hey Sam, I was going to mention something about spinning cookies, you know, because I'm thinking the desire to do that might come up one of these days, if it hasn't already and since this is your first winter driving, we should probably talk about it. What do you think?"

"We can...if you want.  It may have already come up though." he said with a smirk!

Well...it's not like I wasn't expecting that.  Shelbie did it and wrecked her bumper on a light post.  Spencer did it and broke his bumper and smashed up his rims and wrecked the alignment...I can only imagine Sam needed to make his mark on the car that has been totaled not once, but twice by the siblings!

So, this morning before I went to work, I ran to get Sam's favorite blueberry donuts.  I put them neatly on a plate with a little message!




I thought I was being so clever with my play on words!!  I took them to his room and woke him up for school and handed him his treat!  He looked at the note and without missing a beat said, "Thanks mom! No cookies, just donuts! Cool!!"

Arghhhh, backfired!   I think he got the message though!  I hope so!  At the rate we are going, I'm gonna need Santa to bring me a sled full of car parts!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment