Friday, November 14, 2014

A little crazy tastes...

For about the past 3 months or so, I've been consumed with good health.  Not that I haven't always been somewhat conscientious but it's built up a little more momentum.  More on the momentum later..

So, I'm on an alkaline diet.  Horrible things like cancer, autoimmune disease, inflammation, fungus, yeast, can not exist in an alkaline state.  The American diet is all acidic, including mine!   Basically I eat only fresh fruits and vegetables, as close to their raw state as possible.  I also drink some pretty crazy elixirs that taste nothing but nasty!

Like, apple cider vinegar!  After that shot, I do another one of baking soda and a little water then, I add a handful of vitamins as a chaser.  I finish up the morning with a cup and a half of lemon juice in 24 ounces of water and a tsp of Stevia.  I actually really like the lemon juice which I am surprised at!  It's freshly squeezed at home, pulp and all!  I'm surprised how it fills me up.

I also made this soup that is filled with tons of vegetables and garlic all in a tomato base.  Once the veggies are soft, I blend it all up in the blender.  It's not awesome but it fills the void.

Tonight I got home from work and no one was home, being that it's the weekend and all.  I heated up some of that soup.  While it was warming up, this horrible smell of vomit wafted into the kitchen.  I looked all over for the source of the stench.  It just kept getting stronger and stronger!  It was sickening!

Then I realized, it was my soup!  I could hardly eat it after that experience!  It didn't taste like vomit, I don't know why it smelled like that.  Weird.

It's all in the name of good health!  Crazy, I admit but I'm motivated to change my PH levels.

The other thing I make daily, sometimes twice a day is my pineapple smoothie.  Sometimes, I add some berries or mango, even mandarin oranges- not just the juice, the whole fruit.  It's so good and totally alkaline, no sugar, no dairy, no preservative...all fresh fruit!  Well, fresh, that I froze myself.


It looks creamy but there is no dairy in it.  Just straight up frozen fruit and a touch of water to keep things moving in the blender!  It's really the best part of this diet.

So, it's not all bad.  I've been at this, seriously, for a week and at the beginning, my PH level was as acidic as you could be.  Tonight, I've bumped up two points so I'm on my way to alkaline!  Yay!  It's kind of turning into an obsession.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, I found you via the NaBloPoMo blogroll.

    I have not heard of this before but it sounds interesting. I love the smoothie it looks very tasty. :) I am adding more smoothies to my diet as we are heading into summer here in Australia.

    As part of NaBloPoMo I try to comment on as many participating blogs as I can, and I also add participating blogs to my feed reader.

    So I’m just dropping by to let you know I’ve added your blog to my feedreader, I’m reading you loud and clear, I have a link up going at my place so my readers can find participating blogs which you are more than welcome to add your blog link to.

    Looking forward to seeing your posts, and you’ll likely see me drop by again during November.

    Happy NaBloPoMo to you!
    Snoskred
    http://www.snoskred.org

    ReplyDelete